Monday, August 11, 2014

The verdict is...

Well yesterday was transfer calls. The verdict is............................................................................ I am staying in Moran Prairie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Elder Wilson is leaving and going out to Spokane Valley. I am really glad that I am staying in this area because I love the ward and I love the investigators that I am working with, but I am really bummed that Elder Wilson is leaving. I love that guy a lot! We would joke a lot about how we are super different but for some reason it worked out and we got a long really well. We both learned a lot about how to be effective missionaries this transfer. We have really been working on involving our ward especially the ward council. Elder Wilson is hilarious. Every morning he sings the Texas National Anthem and Texas Pledge of Allegiance to his Texas flag on the wall for no reason. Also two nights ago somehow we got into a competition to see who could keep their right hand raised in the air the longest. We did all of our nightly duties like planning, the area book and calls with our right hand lifted in the air. The competition lasted for an hour till it was time to go to bed. So I'm going to miss doing random things like that with Elder Wilson. 

My new companion will be Elder Marsh! He is from Orem UT. He went to Oak Canyon at the same time I did! I don't really know him that well though. 

Miracles:
We had an awesome lesson with a girl named Felisha a few days ago. We found her a few weeks ago as she was walking home from work and we set up a time to meet with her. She was super prepared to accept the restored gospel! And it was the most text book lesson I have ever taught. I felt like I was on the District! But that was mostly just because she was super prepared. She grew up Catholic but only attended every once in a while. As we taught her the Restoration lesson we saw her face light up and get excited! She loved how we get more direction from living prophets and the Book of Mormon. She is excited to start taking the discussions and working toward baptism. She is YSA age though so the YSA Elders will take over teaching her. 

We had lots of other miracles this week but I don't really have time to talk about them. 

I would send more pictures but I keep forgetting to bring my camera when I email. 

Love you guys!

Love, Elder (Andre) Johnson

Welcome home Hermana Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment