Monday, May 18, 2015

Kool-aid Challenge

A few weeks ago for p-day we had some unique activities. Usually all the missionaries go to the stake center gym and play basketball and marshmallow dodgeball. But for this particular p-day we did something different. Wal-mart right now has a sale for kool-aid jammers. You can get a 6 pack for 1 dollar. Its a pretty good deal. We had to take advantage of it. So for p-day 4 of us Elders did the Kool-aid challenge. The challenge is to drink 15 bottles of Kool-aid in 15 minutes without throwing up. We started off the challenge with confidence quickly guzzling bottle after bottle.


But just like Ether 12:27 states, "I give unto men weakness that they may be humble"
It didn't take long for us to become humbled and get a little discouraged.



But we followed the counsel of 2 Nephi 31:21 to "Press forward feasting upon the word of Christ [or whatever else you may be feasting on], and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the father ye shall have eternal life"



Alma 26:12
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.



Anyway other than that we've seen some cool miracles lately. Kimberlie brought her friend to church! We also just recently had a family move in named the Rigsby's. They are all members but the father. Well the whole family came to church yesterday including the father! We also had a whole bunch of other non-members there because there was a farewell talk. Ha nother small miracle we saw last night. We just started teaching our neighbor named Joan. She is an older lady who's husband died a year and a half ago. She knows Brother Lybbert because back in his day he was the real estate agent that sold her the house that she was living in. Anyway we dropped by to see if we could have a quick doorstep visit, because we can't go in because she is a single lady. When we showed up she said, "come on in the Lybberts are here" We visited for a little and had a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation. It was one more testimony to me that this is God's work and if he wants something done he will make it happen.

Love you!
-Elder (Andre) Johnson

P.S.
This is probably the last week that I will have to sign my name with my first name because Brian is coming home. Thats super weird. When you guys see him tell him I love him and that he doesn't have free reign to steal all of my stuff that is currently packed in boxes right next to his.

No comments:

Post a Comment