Monday, June 15, 2015

What I've been learning lately

I have no idea what to write about this week so I'm just going to go for it. 

Ha! Oh yeah! Cool thing that happened this week was Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy came and spoke to us. It was pretty sweet! I definitively (spell check changed that word. I'm just going to leave it.) felt the spirit. Meetings like this are much more difficult though now that I am in Sandpoint because it takes about an hour and a half to get to the Spokane Valley Stake Center where all the big meetings are. He spoke a lot about how we should remember the things that we learned from the Mullens. We are getting a New mission president in about 2 weeks. President and Sister Dymock. They are from Utah. Thats going to be crazy. It will be interesting to see what changes come to the mission. 

Well recently, and when I say recently I mean like the last few months I feel like God has been teaching me an important lesson. Life doesn't have to be perfect for me to be happy. Its something that I and many other missionaries have struggled with. We have expectations of the way things should go and the results we should get but when it comes down to it things fall short of our expectations. But its ok. Sister Mullen was talking about it as she was giving her last testimony to the mission as a whole this last week. She said I'm am going to focus on all the things that went well on my mission, not all the things that didn't happen. Man I've realized that life, not just missionary life, but life in general is so much more happy when we don't burden ourselves with expectations of the way things go and just live. Anyway. That's what I have been learning lately. 

Love you guys!
-Elder (Andre) Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment