Monday, April 6, 2015

Elder Bowring and the ax

You know its really hard to come up with something new and fresh to write every week when you do the same thing over and over. 

Guess what! I talked to random people on the street! I taught the gospel to lots of people! I probably participated in over 20 prayers everyday this week! I did laundry on Monday! 

Don't get me wrong, I love doing these things. I just don't know how to tell you how exciting they are when I've already told you like 95 times. 

That being said there were some exciting things that happened this week that I'll tell you about. 1. We moved! Missionaries have been living in the Basement of Bishop Oldham's house for almost a year, however the Oldhams will be moving this summer to Alaska. So we knew that by the end of this transfer we would need to find a new place. Well on Monday we talked to our housing coordinator and discussed some ideas. On Tuesday we got a voicemail from him saying that we would be moving tomorrow! So we did! It was a looooong day. Good thing we had a truck though! HA HA I Love my truck! Because we've been swamped with missionary work we haven't had much time to unpack so for this last week we've been living in a very messy apartment. Surprisingly the mess is growing on me and its starting to feel like home in there ha ha. 

This week we had another cool experience. Our vision for Cheney is to baptize the entire city so we decided to start with the previous mayor who will mostly likely be the next mayor. Figure if we can get him everyone else will follow. Ha ha (false doctrine. See the Story of Zeezrom for proof of that). Well whether the rest of the city follows or not we are working on him. He is the neighbor of one of our members. We went over with the member and offered to help him take out a bush stump in his yard. He was delighted for help! We went over after conference on Saturday and dug it out in about 35 minutes (Elder Bowring's good with an ax). He was very grateful. We talked to him about the gospel and he became a new investigator! He also told us that he had read the entire Book of Mormon before! I pumped to go back and visit him!

We dug another hole on Saturday for one of our investigators named Scott. Cool thing was we got some delicious BBQ chicken from it! Boo Yah! He is a really humble nice guy. He's single and raising 3 kids. 

General Conference was Powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well those were some of the things that happened this week!

Love you!
-Elder (Andre) Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment