Monday, June 30, 2014

Transfers

I had my very first transfer calls last night! It was pretty exciting. The anticipation to know what my next six weeks would be like was killing me. Well the results are...........drum roll.............I am staying in Moran Prairie! However my companion Elder Sanders is going to to Moscow Idaho. My new companion will be Elder Wilson! I don't know very much about except that he is a "Visa Waiter" meaning he is only in this mission until he can get his visa for Brazil. I'm glad I get to stay in this ward. I really love the members. There are a lot of members that are excited about missionary work. I also really don't want to leave my investigators yet. So ya I'm happy. It will be sad saying goodbye to Elder Sanders but I guess that's the way it goes on missions. 

Cool Stuff that happened this week:

1. We had a lot of Less Actives show up to church yesterday! It was really awesome! Elder Sanders and I were super busy running from one to the other making sure that they had friends to sit by and making sure they met the Bishop. Another cool thing that happened at church was Elder Sanders and I got to help teach 3rd hour. The Book of Mormon Play is coming to Spokane this August so yesterday for 3rd hour (5th sunday) there was a training for everyone in the ward about how to respond to Questions about the play and what the church will be doing to get the most publicity that we possibly can from it. Elder Sanders and I did some role plays in front of the whole ward about how to respond positively to the play and tie it back into a gospel topic or to missionaries. I'm pretty excited for when the play does come. For one whole day us missionaries will be shadowed by ward members who will document our experience with photos and videos and post it on their social media profiles. Then the whole ward is supposed to repost everything they post. It will be cool. They are also doing a few other social media things.

2. A few weeks ago we street contacted this guy named Haiking. We told him about the living prophet and how he gives us guidance for our families. He seemed interested so he gave us his address. Well we stopped by a few days later and he wasn't there but his wife was, we talked to her briefly then left. We tried back a few more times but they were never there. Fast forward to last Saturday. I was on exchanges with Elder O'neil (Zone Leader). We were walking up a busy street when we saw in the distance that there was a broken down car in the middle of the road and another car stopped to help. We saw that the victim of the broken down car was a lady with a baby. First cool thing: As we approached I said to Elder O'neil, "Perfect we can help these people. Do you know anything about cars?" "No" "Neither do I" but I saw that the car was smoking so I said, "I wonder if they need any water?" Immediately after I said that we heard the man in the distance ask the lady, "do you have any water?". Babam! Awesome! So we walked up and gave him my water bottle. Then I realized that I recognized the lady holding the baby. It was Haiking's wife!!!! Sweet! Pretty soon Haiking showed up and we helped by pushing the car. Haiking was pretty grateful and we set up a time for a return appointment. Man we walked away from that and we both said, "that was a miracle that we ran into them" 

Spiritual Thought:
2 Ne 4:(don't remember the verses) Its Nephi's pslam/song whatever its called.
It is awesome. I get down every so often and these verses really help me. It shows Nephi's transition from sorrow and hopelessness to confidence and hope. He realizes that there is no reason for him to be listening to Satan. He remembers all the good things God has done for him and then he lets go and forgets everything that Satan is telling him and tempting him with. A lot of times I feel stuck just like Nephi felt. I feel bad about myself because my "sins do so easily beset me". But I have learned that in those moments I need to stop listening to Satan telling me that I am not good enough and I need to start paying attention to what God has given and is giving me now. 

Love you Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment