Monday, January 26, 2015

TRANSFERS!!!


I was in denial basically the whole week that transfers were coming. I did NOT want to leave. And I did NOT want to get a new companion. I mean obviously whatever happens its the Lord's will and will be good for me... but I was not ready to leave Cheney 2nd ward yet.
Well it worked! I'm staying! And so is Elder Leavitt! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. This area is the best! I love the ward! I love the investigators! I love my district! I love my Zone!
Here is a picture of my district. The two sister companionships have been in a trio for the last transfer. This coming transfer two of the sisters will be gone though.
Don't ask me what I'm doing in this picture. I don't really know.

Miracles from this week:
Sebastian and Janita came to church!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! They've been saying they were going to come for weeks! Its been mind blowing to see how hard Satan tries to get people to not get to church. They came and they loved it! They are both basically ready to be baptized except they still have to get married. They want to be married but they want to have their family come and they probably won't be able to till March. But we're expecting that as they continue keeping the three commitments we keep giving them, Church Pray and Read, I think their desire to be baptized will increase and they will make it work out so they can be baptized sooner.
The Smiths are really working hard for these next two weeks to quit coffee and Tobacco to be prepared for their baptism coming up. Please pray for them.
This week we were riding our bikes to an appointment and we decided to cut through a parking lot. We saw a guy outside smoking so we went and talked to him. He is super elect! His name is Mark. He said that just yesterday his buddy got out of prison and came and talked to him about how he found Jesus and it changed his life. Mark has really been humbled for the last few years of his life. He has some pretty strong addictions that he is trying to conquer. He has never been religious but is interested in learning about how Christ can change his life. He was eager to come to church and read the Book of Mormon. We'll contact him soon to teach him more.

Report on Mormon Channel Challenge:
Brian and Clint both did the challenge. I will be using the words "Quintillion" (1 with 18 0's after it) and "Juxtaposition" in my next lesson. I will report on it next week. The challenge is still standing so I encourage you to invite someone to watch a video on Mormon channel and send me a creative word.

Love you guys!
-Elder (Andre) Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment